Russian enrollments (first year)

Kathleen MacFie k_ahern at UNCG.EDU
Thu Sep 29 14:50:01 UTC 2011

UNC Greensboro has solid enrollments this year, with increases in each
level.
We have 50 students in the first year language course, 24 in the second year
course,
11 in the third year course and 5 students studying abroad for either a
semester or a year in
Kazan, Russia.

Kathleen Macfie
Russian Studies

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Marc Robinson <robinso at stolaf.edu> wrote:

> St. Olaf College has had a slight drop this year (we're still very
> pleased).
>
> In 2010-2011 we had 43 in 1st semester Russian, 35 in second semester
> Russian, 19 in 3rd semester Russian and 13 in 4th semester Russian (3
> semesters are required to fulfill the language requirement).
>
> This year we have 39 in 1st semester Russian and 32 in third semester
> Russian.
>
> Marc Robinson, Chair
> Dept. of Russian Language and Area Studies
>

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:07 AM, helena goscilo <goscilo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > First-year enrollments at OSU are stable at approx. 90 (drop-add hasn't
> > finished yet). Typically we have about 100 in R101, but our grad
> students'
> > success in getting FLAS's this year has shrunk the 2011-12 pool of
> Teaching
> > Assistants.
> >
> > Helena Goscilo
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Katya Hokanson <hokanson at uoregon.edu
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > We had a drop last year, only about 20 finished first year.  This year
> we
> > > have 64, which is more typical of our recent years.
> > >
> > > All of last year's first year students are, however, in second year
> now.
> > >
> > > Katya Hokanson
> > > Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
> > > University of Oregon
> > >

> > >  Date:    Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:51:29 -0400
> > lang.

> year.

> (17)
> > in

> > >  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
> > >                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.**net/<
> > http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/>
> > > ------------------------------**------------------------------**
> > > -------------
> > >

> > --
> > Helena Goscilo
> > Professor and Chair
> > Dept. of Slavic & EE Langs. and Cultures at OSU
> > 1775 College Road
> > Columbus, OH 43210
> > Tel:  (614) 292-6733
> >

> > Motto:
> > "It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole
> > book."
> > Friedrich Nietzsche

Kathleen S. Macfie, PhD
Associate Professor of Russian
Chair, Russian Studies Faculty Committee

2304 MHRA
PO Box 26170, Greensboro,NC 27402-6170
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro