Mashkov's 2004 film "Papa" (with contact info)

Alexandar Mihailovic cllazm at HOFSTRA.EDU
Fri Aug 3 21:15:23 UTC 2012

Dear SEELANGovtsy:

I only just saw that my e-mail address was cut off in the original message.  I've now included it below.

I am teaching a translation course on Russian Jewish literature in the Fall, and am trying to obtain an English-subtitled copy of the 2004 film "Papa" (with Vladimir Mashkov), which is based on Aleksandr Galich's play Matrosskaia tishina.  I own a copy without subtitles, which will not help the students in class (the majority) who do not know Russian. Amazon.com sells a DVD with subtitles, but it is prohibitively expensive.  None of the usual vendors for Russian DVDs currently sells a subtitled version.  If any of you knows of someone who sells (or is willing to loan) the film in this form, I would be very grateful. Please reply off-list (cllazm at hofstra.edu).

Alexandar Mihailovic