Learning materials on events in 1917, suitable for an 11 year old

Ian Appleby ian at IANAPPLEBY.NET
Sun Aug 19 19:37:20 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues

An eleven year old anglophone boy of my acquaintance has developed a
keen interest in the October Revolution, and is trying to understand
both the sequence of events and the context which gave rise to them. I
have some limited experience trying to make sense of these events for
an undergraduate audience, but I would be very grateful for any
recommendations of books, films, or other material that might be
better suited for his age. Suggestions of suitable fictional
treatments that evoke the atmosphere of the period would also be
welcome.

Thank you for reading.

Ian

--