Sources FEMEN on PUSSY RIOT

Elena Gapova e.gapova at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 27 04:33:34 UTC 2012

Femen have a blog on livejournal, where they list their activities. It is
at: http://femen.livejournal.com/

Their recent reaction to the PR trial was cutting down a cross in Kiev
(allegedly erected duting the Orange Revolution to commemorate Stalin's
victims). The act was well documented:
http://femen.livejournal.com/220299.html#cutid1

In their interview right after the act Femen explained that they did not
care if the feelings of believers were hurt: being non-believers, they only
care about atheists' feelings (I cannot find the link right now, but will
provide it on request).

They also came up with the slogan "Пили кресты - спасай Россию!" and
promised to come to Russia to cut some more wooden crosses in smaller
Russian towns.  According to Echo Moskvy, several wooden crosses have
already been vandalized across Russia: Сразу несколько деревянных поклонных
крестов срубили неизвестные в российских городах (
http://echo.msk.ru/news/923253-echo.html )

Elena Gapova