ASEEES roundtable -- Kornei Chukovsky

Daniel Brooks danielbrooks at BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Jan 3 21:39:49 UTC 2012

Dear SEELANGers,

Some colleagues and I are putting together a roundtable on Kornei Chukovsky for next year's ASEEES conference in New Orleans. We are attempting to engage with two related subjects: the various facets of Chukovsky's career (author of children's literature, memoirist and biographer, scholar, translator, etc.) and the significance of those facets within specific moments of Soviet history & culture (the 1920s, high Stalinism, WWII, etc.).

If you have any interest in serving as a participant (or, potentially, a discussant) on such a roundtable, please send me an e-mail at danielbrooks at berkeley.edu, and I will get back to you ASAP.

Much obliged,

Daniel A. Brooks
PhD Candidate
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of California-Berkeley