ASEEES panel -- "The Reception(s) of Onegin"

Marijeta Bozovic metabozovic at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 4 05:14:11 UTC 2012

Dear SEELANGS-ers,

We are looking for a third panelist, on the topic of "The Reception(s) of
Onegin," for next year's ASEEES conference. If you are working on something
relevant, please contact me with your proposed topic (address emails to
mbozovic at colgate.edu).

The panel currently consists of chair Boris Gasparov (Columbia U),
discussant Luba Golbert (Berkeley), and two confirmed paper presentations.
Zhenya Bershtein (Reed) will speak about the most recent production of
Onegin the opera at the Bolshoi, and I will speak on Nabokov's Onegin
translation and how it may have affected reception/perception of Onegin for
English speaking audiences.

We are open to suggestions for a third topic that might work well with this
theme.

Thanks to all interested, and we hope to put together an exciting panel.

all best,

Marijeta Bozovic
Russian and Eurasian Studies
Colgate University