ASEEES Film Panel

Daria Shembel dshembel at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jan 7 03:56:39 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am organizing a panel on Russian (Soviet) Art Film or Russian Film and the Virtual. I have a paper on Tarkovsky's links to new media (which discusses Solaris and Zone as narrative fields with limitless story possibilities, as well as video games generated by Stalker) and look for papers that either touch upon the aesthetics of Soviet visionaries (Tarkovsky, Paradjanov, Ukrainian School etc.) or discuss new media appropriation of the cinematic. Please contact me off-list: dshembel at yahoo.com

Thank you,
Daria Shembel, Ph.D
Department of European Studies
SDSU