Panel Proposal ASEEES - Russian Poetry

Sarah Kapp shkapp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 12 06:22:41 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

I would like to organize a panel dedicated to Russian/Russophone poetry (in
Russia and abroad) from the post-WWII era to today.  Possible topics could
include changes or deviations in genre, cross-cultural influences, or
philosophical influences.

I am specifically interested in the elegiac verse of J. Brodsky and O.
Sedakova, but I could also present on the poetic influence of Rilke on
Sedakova if we wanted to emphasize the crossing of
cultural/regional/linguistic borders.

Please reply to me off list if you are interested in joining.
skapp at wisc.edu.

Thank you,

Sarah

--