Part-time position with Red Square Productions

Ewington, Amanda amewington at DAVIDSON.EDU
Sun Jan 29 13:20:49 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am posting the job announcement below on behalf on Robin Hessman (director of My Perestroika).  Please do not reply to me, but rather to the email address indicated in the posting: info at myperestroika.com<mailto:info at myperestroika.com>

- Amanda Ewington

Part- Time JOB Opening in NYC

Red Square Productions is currently seeking someone to work part-time in educational outreach and distribution for our award-winning documentary film, My Perestroika.

My Perestroika follows five ordinary Russians living in extraordinary times – from their sheltered Soviet childhood, to the collapse of the Soviet Union during their teenage years, to the constantly shifting political landscape of post-Soviet Russia. Together, these childhood classmates paint a complex picture of the dreams and disillusionment of those raised behind the Iron Curtain.

The film had its world Premiere at the Sundance Film Festival and went on to many international festivals. It was released in cinemas in over 60 cities in the US and is currently being released in Canada. My Perestroika aired nationwide on PBS in 2011 and is a New York Times Critics' Pick.

We need a go-getter who is excited to get a behind-the-scenes look at the independent film distribution market and is able to coordinate interaction with academic organizations and community groups. A minimum commitment of 3 months is required, 3 days a week beginning as soon as possible. Candidate should have his/her own laptop.

To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to info at myperestroika.com<mailto:info at myperestroika.com>.

Responsibilities will include:
+ Working directly with the Director/Producer of the film and helping to supervise the Educational Outreach intern
+ Assisting with administrative tasks around screenings and the DVD release of the film
+ Coordinating and organizing social media outreach and events around the DVD release of the film
+ Working with Word Press, Twitter, Facebook, Mail Chimp, Vertical Response
+ Managing several databases
+ Assisting with outreach and partnership building
+ Researching and contacting educators, museums, social justice institutions, academic journals and conferences for outreach, content, networking, and various opportunities

Skills:
+ Candidate should have good oral and written communication skills
+ She/ he must be extremely responsible and detail oriented
+ The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently and collaboratively
+ Ability to multi task while paying close attention to detail
+ Comfortable working on Mac environments
+ Knowledge of Russian is a plus though not a requirement