ASEEES Graduate Prizes

ASEEES NewsNet newsnet at PITT.EDU
Fri Mar 2 18:52:27 UTC 2012

Below are brief descriptions and links to ASEEES' two graduate student prizes, which support young scholars' scholarship efforts.  Also, we have included details about the Davis travel grant, which supports students' attendance at the 2012 ASEEES convention.  Please encourage your students to apply. And please let me know what questions you have.

Tucker/Cohen Prize: Deadline: April 15, 2012
http://www.aseees.org/prizes/tuckercohenprize.html
The Robert C. Tucker/Stephen F. Cohen prize, sponsored by the JKW Foundation, is awarded annually (if there is a distinguished submission) for an outstanding English-language doctoral dissertation defended at an American or Canadian university in the tradition of historical political science and political history of Russia or the Soviet Union as practiced by Robert C. Tucker and Stephen F. Cohen. The dissertation must be completed and defended during the calendar year prior to the award. The prize is awarded at the ASEEES Annual Convention in November.

Davis Student Travel Grant:  Deadline: April 15, 2012
http://aseees.org/convention/davisgrant.html
Kathryn W. Davis's generous donation to our organization, combined with matching donations from ASEEES members, enables us to help subsidize travel costs for graduate students presenting papers at the 2012 ASEEES Convention. We are especially committed to subsidizing those graduate students who are attending the convention for the first time or who have no local institutional resources for travel support. Students may only receive ONE Davis Graduate Travel Grant over the course of their graduate studies.

Graduate Student Essay Prize: Deadline: June 1, 2012
http://www.aseees.org/prizes/studentprize.html
The Graduate Student Essay Prize is awarded for an outstanding essay by a graduate student in Slavic, East European, & Eurasian Studies.

Mary Arnstein
newsnet at pitt.edu<mailto:newsnet at pitt.edu>
Communications Coordinator and NewsNet Editor