Khlebnikov - Odinokii litsedei

Denis Akhapkin denis.akhapkin at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 4 13:29:36 UTC 2012

Olga, do you mean dativus absolutus? If so, I don't think that it is the case.
For me it looks like subject-object inversion:

* чело [быка] пылало толпам (scene of sacrifice) -> челу пылали толпы
(inverted scene of sacrifice)

I forgot the Old Greek word for this kind of figures of speech.

Best,

Denis Akhapkin