One-line poems

Boele, O.F. O.F.Boele at HUM.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Fri Mar 9 19:07:01 UTC 2012

Dear Seelangers,

In 1894 Valerii Briusov wrote a number of one-line poems, the most
infamous of which is, of course, "O, zakroi svoi blednye nogi!" I'm sure
Briusov wasn't the only poet to practice this "genre," but I don't know
who else was. Do you have any suggestions? I prefer Russian poems from
the early twentieth century, but examples from a later period or some
other national literature are also welcome.

Thanks!

Otto Boele
University of Leiden, The Netherlands