BiblioRossica

Igor Nemirovsky shlomo58 at MAIL.RU
Tue Mar 13 16:56:08 UTC 2012

March 13, 2012

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am happy to be writing you today to inform you of a new venture at Academic Studies Press; the launch of our new online, ebook delivery platform, BiblioRossica.

BiblioRossica is a specialized platform for academics and scholars offering expertly selected collections that are entirely searchable by keyword or phrase. BiblioRossica has launched a project creating unique thematic collections devoted to the most relevant areas and topics of modern humanities in Russian and in English.

Available now is the first of our new ebook collections, Leading Russian Scholarly Presses, 2009-2012. This permanently updated collection includes the best books from the best Russian presses, as following:

Aletheia (variety of subjects, from literary criticism to political science), Ad Marginem (contemporary prose, philosophy and cultural studies),Classica 21 (history and theory of music), Dom Yevreiskoi Knigi (Judaica and Slavic-Jewish studies), Gesharim (Judaica and Slavic-Jewish studies), Handwritten Monuments of Ancient Russia, Indrik (history, ethnography, anthropology), Ivan Limbakh Press, Izdatel’stvo Ivana Limbakha (contemporary culture), Languages of Slavic Culture, Nestor-Istoriya (history), Novoe Izdatel’stvo (literary criticism, culture studies), Novoe Literaturnoe Obozrenie (literature and literary criticism, history, cultural studies), OGI  (prose and poetry, biographies, memoires), Pushkin House Press, Rosspen (history, political science), Rukopisnye Pamyatniki Drevney Rusi (paleography and archeology), Quadriga (military history), Tri Kvadrata (political science, contemporary history and culture), Yasyki Slavyanskih Kul’tur (linguistics, philosophy, culture stu!
 dies, religious studies), Znack.

At the moment, this collection incorporates over seven hundred of the most important publications from the top Russian presses from 2009-2011 as well as a carefully chosen selection of popular and pertinent titles from each press’s backlist. As new titles are published in print in 2012, they will concurrently be added to BiblioRossica. In a region that even today remains isolated, with a book market that is traditionally slow in getting books to the outside world, this is a unique overview of the major scholarly work being created and published. Now new titles are made available immediately after their release, and the most significant publications from recent years are easily accessible. It is everything that you’ve wanted to read in Russian but did not know where to find!

This unique opportunity creates a wonderful new resource and we hope that you will share  our enthusiasm. BiblioRossica has the potential to provide scholars and students alike with a great tool for personal and professional development. For more details on the technical aspect of this project please contact: stephanie.monasky at academicstudiespress.com.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and we hope you will enjoy the collection!

Sincerely,

Igor Nemirovsky
Director