When Dickens Met Dostoevsky -- help from Italy?

naiman at BERKELEY.EDU naiman at BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Mar 15 05:11:11 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues --

   Intermittently, I've been pursuing the story of the Dickens/Dostoevsky
meeting, and my search for information on the author who originally put
this story into circulation has led to another interesting article for
which I've been trying to check the sources.  I would be very grateful
to any colleague w. access to a major library in Italy who might check
a journal for me.  This one -- Annuario dell' Universita degli Studi di
Bari -- definitely exists, but interlibrary loan at Berkeley has been
unable to obtain a copy for me.  I've written to the foreign languages
dept, in Bari but haven't had a response. The issue and pages in
question are -- (1983) 2, 215-38.  The article is by someone named
Ludovico Para.  I would love to know if that article actually exists,
and if so, I would be very grateful for a copy.

w. best wishes,

Eric Naiman