SEELANGS, R.I.P?

Sarah Hurst sarahhurst at ALASKA.NET
Wed Mar 21 05:41:10 UTC 2012

The reason I talked about political discussions not usually being allowed is
because I have seen the list owner, Alex Rudd, intervene before and I think
even remove someone from the list for getting into politics. So I don't
think SEELANGS is an unmoderated list.

A different format could make videos and Cyrillic look good and there could
be discussion threads, photos and all kinds of things could be done. But
then it wouldn't be SEELANGS - in my opinion. It would be something else.
There are already lots of Russia/Russian-related groups on the web, on
LinkedIn, Facebook and wherever else. I have a Facebook page myself called
Russian Translating and people are welcome to go on there and talk about
whatever they want. Maybe the quaint email format of SEELANGS is what makes
it appealing in some ways.

Sarah Hurst