When Dickens Met Dostoevsky -- help from Italy?

John Dunn John.Dunn at GLASGOW.AC.UK
Wed Mar 21 15:52:31 UTC 2012

This may be another and possibly even more intriguing red herring.  According to the on-line catalogue of Library of the University of Bari the Annuario does not seem to have been published after 1970.  There is another periodical with a vaguely similar title, namely Annali della Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia dell'Università degli Studi di Bari, and this was being published in the early 1980s, but I managed to track down the contents for the volumes published between 1981 and 1985, and no article by Ludovico Para appears therein.  Any ideas of where to go from here?

John Dunn.

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of naiman at BERKELEY.EDU
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:11 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] When Dickens Met Dostoevsky -- help from Italy?

Dear Colleagues --

   Intermittently, I've been pursuing the story of the Dickens/Dostoevsky meeting, and my search for information on the author who originally put this story into circulation has led to another interesting article for which I've been trying to check the sources.  I would be very grateful to any colleague w. access to a major library in Italy who might check a journal for me.  This one -- Annuario dell' Universita degli Studi di Bari -- definitely exists, but interlibrary loan at Berkeley has been unable to obtain a copy for me.  I've written to the foreign languages dept, in Bari but haven't had a response. The issue and pages in question are -- (1983) 2, 215-38.  The article is by someone named Ludovico Para.  I would love to know if that article actually exists, and if so, I would be very grateful for a copy.

w. best wishes,

Eric Naiman