Demons for undergraduates

Sasha Spektor xrenovo at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 7 21:17:15 UTC 2012

Dear Seelangophiles,

I'm planning to teach Demons next semester to as of now still unsuspecting
undergraduates.  Their level of knowledge of Russian history and literature
is close to zero.  I'm re-reading the novel and feel terror at the thought
of having to teach it.  Have any of you taught it with success to entry
level undergraduates?  If you have suggestions (helpful strategies,
contextual and textual secondary readings -- that I, not students, can
benefit from) please send them my way.   Please reply off the list and I'll
compose a list to post it online.

Thank you,
Sasha Spektor.