HIndenburg YET again

Anne Schumann anne.schumann at TILDE.LV
Wed May 9 07:29:09 UTC 2012

I don't think that "General" can be used as a kind of abbreviation for "Generalfeldmarschall". I'm certainly not an expert in military ranks, but Wikipedia seems to confirm my intuition. The concept of "Generalfeldmarschall" is probably a tainted one and has not been used in any German army after 1945, while "General" certainly has. And for which reason would one give the military rank as an explanation in the text, but not render the political one?

anne