Natalia Zhivolupova

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Wed May 16 21:01:44 UTC 2012

She was indeed a fantastically wonderful and interesting person. I met
her when she and her husband were in Washington DC on a Fullbright
scholarship in mid-90'.
We could talk endlessly about absolutely everything, and I had hoped
that one day we could do it again.

This is really sad.

On a funnier note, already after they left DC I discovered among my
many possessions a book of abstracts from the students' conference
held in Tartu in 1971. Among many students names listed there (such as
Fleishman, Levinton, Dushechkina, Ju. Knjazev) there was also
Zhivolupova. So we must have met then, but did not know it.

AI

On May 16, 2012, at 3:00 PM, Sandra Freels wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> With great sadness I inform you of the loss of Dostoevsky scholar
> Natalya Zhivolupova, who passed away after a brief illness on April
> 28, 2012, at her home in Nizhny Novgorod. A fine scholar, a generous
> teacher and a person on infinite wit and curiosity, she will be
> greatly missed.
>
> Sandra Freels
> --
>
> Portland State University logo
>
> Sandra G. Freels, Director
> Russian Flagship Program
> Department of World Languages & Literatures
> College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
> PO Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751
>
> Office: Neuberger Hall 471-473
> Phone: 503.725.3539
> Fax: 503.725.5276
> E-mail: freels at pdx.edu <MAILTO:freels at pdx.edu>
> web: www.pdx.edu/russian-flagship <http://www.pdx.edu/russian-flagship/

> options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Alina Israeli
Associate Professor of Russian
LFS, American University