Call for Submissions: Verges

D Lockyer dlockyer at UVIC.CA
Fri Nov 9 20:40:00 UTC 2012

Call for submissions: Verges: Germanic & Slavic Studies in Review.

Verges: Germanic & Slavic Studies in Review is accepting submissions for
Volume 2, Issue 1. Verges is an online, open-access journal published by the
graduate students of the Department of Germanic and Slavic Studies at the
University of Victoria. Although Verges primarily encourages submissions
from graduate students, outstanding papers from upper-level undergraduate
students are welcomed as well. For this issue, we particularly encourage MA
students and upper-level undergraduate students to submit.

We accept articles between 3,600 and 6,000 words long. We also accept
interviews between 1,500 and 3,500 words long. All articles and interviews
must include a 100-150 word abstract, a brief author bio and keywords for
indexing purposes. As articles will be blind peer-reviewed, please ensure
that you follow the guidelines for a blind review. Also, undergraduate
students are required to mention (during the submission process) that a
professor has vetted the article and supports the article to be of
publishable quality in a scholarly journal.

Because this issue is also featuring conference proceedings from Walking the
Wire: the 3rd annual Germanic and Slavic Studies graduate student symposium,
the broad theme for this issue is 'Central & Eastern European Cultural
Contemplations from the 19th Century to the 21st'. Articles on all aspects
related to Germanic and/or Slavic Studies between the nineteenth century and
the present are welcomed. We invite a various range of topics in German
and/or Slavic literatures, languages, linguistics, history, music,
translation studies and so forth.

To submit your article, please visit the journal's website (below), create
an account as 'author' and follow the submission steps. The deadline for
submissions is December 16, 2012. Please visit the journal's website for
more information: http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/verges or contact the
journal editors at gsreview at uvic.ca.

Thank you,

Dorota Lockyer.