Seeking Assistant Professor of Russian at Georgia Institute of Technology

Goldberg, Stuart H stuart.goldberg at MODLANGS.GATECH.EDU
Wed Nov 14 21:30:41 UTC 2012

Dear SEELangers,

Please see the following announcement for an Assistant Professor of Russian at Georgia Tech.

Given that we are late in the season, any help you can provide in spreading the word to potential candidates is appreciated!

All the best,
Stuart Goldberg

Assistant Professor of Russian
Georgia Institute of Technology

The Georgia Tech School of Modern Languages seeks an Assistant Professor of Russian to complement our strengths in a dynamic and growing Russian program.  Specialization is open.  Ph.D. in hand by May, 2013.  Near-native proficiency in both Russian and English a must.  We are looking for a scholar, teacher and colleague with excellent research potential, including strong potential for research publications in English, and the ability and willingness to teach both language and target-language content courses.

The School of Modern Languages combines high quality, real-world skills development with a rich interdisciplinary approach to language, literature, and intercultural studies. We offer a major in Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies and joint majors with International Affairs and Global Economics. Faculty collaborations, both within and beyond the School, are strongly encouraged. With this position, the Georgia Tech Russian program will gain major status.

Applicants should send a cover letter, C.V., sample course syllabi and teaching evaluations, a sample of the applicant's scholarly work (preferably a sample publication), and have three confidential letters of recommendation sent electronically to russiansearch at modlangs.gatech.edu.  Materials may also be sent to Dr. Stuart Goldberg, Search Chair, School of Modern Languages, Georgia Institute of Technology, 613 Cherry Street, Atlanta, GA 30332-0375. Review of applications will begin on December 10, 2012.

Preliminary interviews will be conducted at the AATSEEL conference in Boston, January 3-6, 2013.

Georgia Tech is a top 10 ranked national public university located in the heart of Atlanta, a hub of international transport and commerce and a multicultural city with 50,000 Russian-speaking residents.

Georgia Tech is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.