Native speakers for evaluation task

Patrick Corness pjcorness at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 21 23:40:38 UTC 2012

The Centre for Translation Studies at the University of Leeds, England is seeking native speakers of Russian, Chinese, German and French willing to participate in a small evaluation project (should take less than two hours). NB The University has to make payment to a UK bank account. Please pass this on as appropriate. If anyone wishes to take part, they should reply as soon as possible off list directly to Marco Brunelli (see below) at mlmb at leeds.ac.uk

The request from Leeds reads as follows:

We are doing evaluation for a research project and we need native speakers of several
languages to annotate texts, judging the quality of machine translation:
Chinese, Russian, German, French.

Evaluators will receive a URL link to their individual evaluation packs
(about 50 sentences per pack), with instructions how to complete them,
and will be able to work in their own time from home, etc.

This work should take less than two hours. We will pay £20 per pack
(via bank transfer) for this task. An evaluator can subscribe to more than one pack.

If you are a native speaker of one of those languages and you are
interested in this work, please reply

- by Friday 23 November 2012 to Marco Brunello, by email:

mlmb at leeds.ac.uk <mailto:mlmb at leeds.ac.uk>

After that you will receive a link to your evaluation pack by
email, and we will ask you to complete this task within 5 days.