Koltsov's article in "Pravda"

Yevgeniy Slivkin Yevgeniy.Slivkin at DU.EDU
Wed Oct 3 15:36:53 UTC 2012

Dear SEELANGERS,
In Lidia Chukovskaya’s “Sofia Petrovna,” a mention is made of Mikhail Koltsov’s article published in “Pravda” in, presumably, 1938. The article concerns innocent Soviet people being slandered and incarcerated. After the publication of Koltsov’s article the authorities started releasing some prisoners (at this point S.P. starts fantasizing that her son Kolya has been released).
My students asked me how it was possible that this article could have appeared in “Pravda” in 1938.
I would be grateful if someone could direct me to the article and the story behind its publication.
Thank you very much.

Yevgeny Slivkin
Literatures & Languages
University of Denver