Help with Film Series

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Sun Oct 7 21:23:05 UTC 2012

Well, *Shadows of Our Forgotten Ancestors* will deal with one of
those.

I strongly second Dr Eubanks's suggestions.
I am particularly fond of *Color of Pomegranates* and always use it in
my film class. It does require some prep from the students on Armenian
culture, so it isn't a "gateway" film into Caucasian culture.

There was a film set in Kazakstan called "A Wolf Cub among Humans"
that I found memorable.

You might get in direct contact with professor Jane Knox-Voina, who
just retired from Bowdoin College, -- if she hasn't answered you
already. Cinema in Central Asia is one of her fields of expertise.

-FR

Francoise Rosset, Associate Professor
Chair, Russian and Russian Studies
Wheaton College