SEELANGS Digest - 9 Oct 2012 (#2012-366)

Susan Welsh welsh_business at VERIZON.NET
Wed Oct 10 11:38:40 UTC 2012

Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 22:07:47 -0600 From: Nadia Roscoff
<roscoffn at GMAIL.COM> Subject: Writers and screenplays
>> Dear SEELANGERS,
>> I was just wondering if anybody can think of any Russian writers who created
>> screenplays for their own works. I cannot think of anybody, other than
>> Nabokov and Akunin... Any input will be much appreciated!
>> Thank you!

Re: Writers and Screenplays

Solzhenitsyn wrote the screenplay for the TV film series of V kruge
pervom. (URL for my review of it is below.)

Best regards,
Susan Welsh

--

Susan Welsh

http://www.ssw-translation.com

Translator and editor, German-English and Russian-English

Leesburg, Virginia USA

Phone: 1-703-777-8927

My latest translation-related article:

"Is Solzhenitsyn Passé?" A review
<http://ssw-translation.com/Solzhenitsyn_SlavFile_Spring_2012.pdf> of
the TV film version of "In the First Circle."

I recommend the ATA booklet
<http://atanet.org/docs/Getting_it_right.pdf> "Translation: Getting It
Right."

NOW IN RUSSIAN!