flash fiction wanted

Valentino, Russell russell-valentino at UIOWA.EDU
Fri Oct 19 18:59:47 UTC 2012

Call for submissions--writers, translators

               For anthology Flash Fiction International forthcoming from distinguished publisher W.W. Norton, NY. The editors are looking for:

               1.Recent very short stories from any country, in English translation, word limit 750 (1-3 pages). We usually reprint works that have already been published (send us a copy) but will also consider original, unpublished manuscripts.

               2. We would be grateful if you would help us find very short fiction--send us the names of authors, translators, stories, or collections. We are also looking for brief quotes, or commentaries, relevant to very short fiction. (These could be from any field--aesthetics, philosophy, physics, music or visual arts, popular culture, etc.) We'll send you a free copy of the book.

               3. Deadline: March 1, 2013.

Contact: Robert Shapard, 3405 Mt. Bonnell Drive, Austin, TX, USA, 78731, rshapard at hawaii.edu<mailto:rshapard at hawaii.edu>.

(Co-editors for the anthology are Christopher Merrill, director of the Iowa

International Writing Program, Robert Shapard, and James Thomas.)