ASEEES: 3rd panelist needed

Anastasia Kostetskaya nastassia_pa at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 23 00:10:07 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

Due to a last minute cancellation we would like to invite a third panelist to our panel “Liquescence and fluidity across time, media and genre.” Below you can find its brief description.

The central
questions to be discussed at the proposed panel “Liquescence and fluidity
across time, media and genre” are: how “water” operates as metaphor in
various discourses of boundary transgression and blending: historical, political,
social, gender, interpersonal. The two papers constituting the panel embrace two
centuries of Russia’s literary and artistic culture: from The Silver Age to the
Brezhnev Stagnation era. In their analysis of the poetic, painterly and
cinematic texts the authors of the papers apply concepts from cognitive linguistics, namely Conceptual
Metaphor Theory and Conceptual Blending Theory that provide tools and terms useful
for theorizing discourses that implement the “water principle” as their modus operandi in approaching various
political, social, gender and metaphysical issues within the diverse
historical-cultural contexts and artistic genres.

Thank you,

Anastasia Kostetskaya