Quotation/expression

Klawa Thresher kthresher at RANDOLPHCOLLEGE.EDU
Wed Oct 31 17:19:47 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am appealing to your collective wisdom about something that I may just be dreaming up. It seems to me there is some place in Russian literature (and I think it must be Gogol’) where there is an expression that something is “not that one but another (one)” (не тот, а другой). Can anyone help me with this?

You can respond offline to kthresher at randolphcollege.edu.

Thank you in advance,
Klawa Thresher