Russian Language Curriculum (Science & Social Studies) for K-3

DAVID BURROUS d303burrous at MSN.COM
Sun Sep 2 19:08:47 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues:
Здравствуйте!

My
 name is David Burrous and I am a former secondary Russian teacher, for 25 years,  in Jefferson County, Colorado.

A friend of mine has sent me the following message:

"I'm mentoring 3 Russian Teachers at a private Russian immersion school (K-3)  The Russian teachers are teaching from
      Science and Social Studies curriculum that is in English and they
      are expected to deliver the content in Russian. In the school's
      immersion philosophy, they are not teaching Russian, but teaching
      all content (except English) in Russian.  They are translating
      everything (posters, materials, etc.) into Russian. They have
      found a few instructional videos (from BBC translated into
      Russian) to use. But it is so time consuming to have to translate
      everything."

Do you know of any resources on the web that would be
helpful to them?  If so, if you could send the URLs to me that would be
great.

Also, if you know of anyone who is working with Elementary Russian
Immersion, would you please forward this message to them for me and
perhaps they would know of some resources that they could share with me.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Regards,
db

David Burrous
Adjunct Instructor, CU Boulder
Co-Lead, CDE Content Collaborative Cohort II
Coordinator, CCFLT Mentor Program
Leader, BVSD World Languages Induction Program

d303burrous at msn.com

Who does not know another language, does not know his own. - Goethe