Orphanages in Russia

Graham, Seth s.graham at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Sep 19 08:37:00 UTC 2012

Dear Shannon,

Two films come to mind:

Orphans (Podranki), Nikolai Gubenko, 1977
Travelling with Pets (Puteshestvie s domashnimi zhivotnymi), Vera Storozheva, 2007

All the best,

Seth

D r S e t h G r a h a m
Lecturer in Russian
School of Slavonic and East European Studies
University College London
Gower St London WC1E 6BT
Office location: 16 Taviton St. (the SSEES Building), room 330
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7679 8735
s.graham at ucl.ac.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Shannon Berry
Sent: 19 September 2012 03:18
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Orphanages in Russia

Hello Seelangs Community,

I've recently started research on orphanages in Russia (Soviet, particularly the Gorbachev era, and Post-Soviet), and was wondering if anyone could recommend some artistic films and/or literature that are concerned with this topic. In fact, informational literature would also be helpful. I'd like to learn about how they have functioned during the Soviet Union and how they have evolved to the present. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

-Shannon Berry