Russian gender colours & forks

Amanda Greber amandagreber at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 21 04:26:29 UTC 2012

It was not even the norm in North America during that time period to
associate the color pink with feminine and blue with masculine.

See:
Paoletti, Jo B. “Clothing and Gender in America: Children's Fashions,
1890-1920.” *Signs*, v. 13, no. 1, Women and the Political Process in the
United States (Autumn, 1987), pp. 136-143
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/When-Did-Girls-Start-Wearing-Pink.html

http://forgottenhistoryblog.com/pink-wasnt-always-considered-a-feminine-color-and-blue-wasnt-always-masculine/

--
Amanda Greber