Interview with Regina Spektor

Anne Fisher anne.o.fisher at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 23 21:53:19 UTC 2012

Thank you Ben!

I can't help but share another interview:

http://izvestia.ru/news/529927

where Spektor is surprised to see people reading Ilf and Petrov in
translation, then says: "вот как объяснить термин "рыба второй свежести"?
Не могу себе представить." ("vot kak obyasnit' termin "ryba vtoroy
svezhesti?" Ne mogu sebe predstavit'.")

Confusing Bulgakov and Ilf and Petrov... right out of Lur'e's *V kraiu
nepuganykh idiotov*! (Not that Spektor is one of those, by any means...
just saying it's a widespread mistake. His demonstration of this in the
book's intro is great.)

Annie

--
Anne O. Fisher, Ph.D.
Russian>English Interpreter and Translator
anne.o.fisher at gmail.com
440-986-0175