New Issue of Palaeoslavica vol. XX, nos. 1-2 (2012)

palaeoslavica palaeoslavica at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 25 14:49:32 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,
I am glad to announce the publication of Palaeoslavica XX, nos. 1-2 (2012)

*Volume XX of Palaeoslavica for 2012 *consists of two issues (313 pp., 316
pp.).

No. 1 of *Palaeoslavica* XX consists of four sections. The
*Articles*section contains a study by T.
Vilkul on litera­ry sources of «Philosopher's Speech» in the *Primary
Chronicle*; a study by V.G. Podkovyrova and T.G. Popova on the tradition of
illustrating John Climacus’ *Step Fifth On Painstaking and True Repentance*;
a study by A.V. Gartman and S.V. Tsyb that revises the chro­nology of Batu
Chan's campaign in North-Eastern Rus’. The *Publications* section presents
the *Vita of Theodor the Studite* in Nilus of Sora’s autograph published
and commented upon by T. Lønngren and concludes G. Lopatin’s publication of
the repertoire of the outstand­ing Belorussian folk teller V. Gretskaia.
The *Speculum* section presents A.I. Grishchenko’s opinion on the origin of
the 13th-century treatise *Addresses to a Jew on the Incarnation of the Son
of God* and critical notes by A.F. Zhuravlev on one of the most recent
volumes of the *Slovar’ russkikh narodnykh govorov* (letter *R*). The *
Miscellanea* section contains notes by J.J. Penning­ton, Ia. Miltenov,
andA. Strakhov.

No. 2 of *Palaeoslavica* XX also consists of four sections. The
*Articles*section contains a commentary by H.
Rothe on the most ancient Slavonic liturgical hymns; a study by T.
Ilievaon the manuscript tradition of Theo­doret of Cyrrhus’
* Commentaries on the Book of Prophet Ezekiel* and concludes I. Barklay’s
study on the his­torical toponymy of the Tver' province. The
*Publications*section presents a comparative analysis of linguistic
material contained in
two editions (1705 and 1723) of the German-Russian phrasebook *Moscowitischer
Kauffmann *(*Московский купец*) by P.E. Marperger; and a publica­tion of
proverbs and sayings (881 units) collected and recorded by their bearer
M.A. Durkina, a Russian peasant woman. The *Speculum* section contains
observations by A. Strakhov on the semantics of slav.* Rai* (‘Paradise’) as
*sad* (‘garden’) and I.G. Dobrodomov and L.A. Shcherbakova’s polemic
against V. Zhivov’s theory on the origin of the Russian augmented
imperfects such as *бяшеть*/*бяхуть*. The *Miscellanea* section contains
notes by A.M. Ushakevich and by T.P. Lønngren.

An Alphabetical index of articles published in *Pa­laeoslavica* from 1993
to 2011 (vols. I-XIX) concludes the issue.

*
*

 For more information visit our website: www.palaeoslavica.com