The Eurasia Grant & Other Funding Opportunities

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Sun Sep 30 18:50:37 UTC 2012

Dear SEELANGers!

The School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS) is pleased to announce the
launch of The Eurasia Grant.

Students who combine one semester of Policy and Conflict in the Post-Soviet
Space with a fall or spring semester of Central Asian Studies will receive a
$1000 international relations grant from SRAS.

They will come to know the geography, people, and problems of the diverse
and broad expanse of Russia, Eastern Europe, the Caucuses, and Central Asia.
They will gain language skills, experience on the ground, and a broad
understanding of how history and government policies can affect modern
societies.

The tentative travel itinerary for the full year will include (TBC):
Moldova, Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and
Kyrgyzstan.

More information:
Policy and Conflict:
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sras.org%2FPCON&h=9AQH7tEj
p&s=1> http://www.sras.org/PCON
Central Asian Studies:
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sras.org%2FCA&h=3AQHMNCgk&
s=1> http://www.sras.org/CA

Deadline for Spring, 2013: Oct 31, 2012
Deadline for Fall, 2013: May 15, 2013

We are also still accepting applications for our Home and Abroad: Creative
scholarship, which offers $7,000 to students who want to build writing,
research, art, and language skills at home and abroad. Deadline: Oct 15,
2012. More info: http://www.sras.org/HAC

We are also still accepting applications for our Reset Translation Grant,
which gives $500 each semester to support one student-translator to come
abroad and practice the craft! Deadline: Oct 13, 2012. More info:
http://www.sras.org/translate

For still more funding opportunities please see our main funding page:
http://www.sras.org/funding

Best,

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org