Russian translation

Andrea Gregovich agregovich at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 5 01:44:03 UTC 2013

I did this assignment as an undergrad -- pick a rock song and translate it
into Russian.  I think I did REM's "Everybody Hurts".  Frankly, I think
it's one where you just do your best and learn from it the impossibilities
of translating slang and colloquial stuff into a foreign language.

My one suggestion is to consider the word "баба" for baby.  If I recall,
that problem came up when my class did the assignment!  Obviously you
wouldn't say "ребенок" in this sort of instance.

-- Andrea Gregovich