More Russian movies

Dorian Juric dorian06 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 1 00:31:46 UTC 2013

Another American film depicting Russians which I've always found very interesting (and frankly horrible) is Enemy At the Gates. The film was commended for depicting the Russians' side of the war with heart and honesty and for it's realism. To me the narrative is horrible and rushed, the 'realistic and romantic' sex scene amounts to two 'Russians' rutting in a dirty pipe for thirty seconds and most excruciating of all, every Russian in the film is an Englishman (although the newspapers are in cirilica) and every German over a loud speaker speaks German, but in interactions, if I remember correctly, they're all Americans.... Very strange.

Dorian