clarifying my uses-of-folklore question

Anne L Lounsbery anne.lounsbery at NYU.EDU
Thu Aug 1 16:20:17 UTC 2013

Hello again,

To clarify: I'm not looking for, e.g., a list of authors who have drawn on
folklore, but rather for some theoretical reflections on how and why
authors in general have used folklore--what the implications are of doing
so, which periods have encouraged/discouraged this practice, etc.  I'm
teaching Gogol and I know the scholarship on his use (and invention!) of
folkloric sources, but right now I'm looking for something a bit different.

Thank you!

Anne

Anne Lounsbery

Associate Professor and Chair