Resources for Russian first name diminutives

David Connor transeuropa1 at OPTUSNET.COM.AU
Sun Aug 11 10:09:41 UTC 2013

Derek Offord's book: Using Russian - A Guide to Contemporary Usage, 1996, Cambridge Univesrity Press, pp. 182-4, lists such diminutives, but only offers Volodya, not Vova, for Vladimir.
David Connor
Melbourne, Australia.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brian Hayden
  To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
  Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:41 PM
  Subject: [SEELANGS] Resources for Russian first name diminutives

  Dear SEELANGers,

  Does anyone know of a reference work, preferably in something like dictionary format, that deals with the diminutive forms of Russian first names? I need something that would tell me that Вова is a short form of Владимир, and that Владимир has the short forms Вова, Влад, etc.

  Sincerely,

  Brian Hayden