[Event] Detroit Screening of "My Perestroika," [Event] Detroit Screening of "My Perestroika," Followed by Behind-the-Scenes Director Q&A

Alexis M. Zimberg zimberg.alexis at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 12 00:14:49 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGS Community,

I would like to extend an invitation to an event that may be of interest to
Detroit-based members.

--

*What:* Screening of "My Perestroika (2010)," Followed by Behind-the-Scenes
Q&A with Director Robin Hessman

<<* View the beautiful flyer at: *
http://postsovietgraffiti.com/cinema-tov-detroit-jewish-film-lab/ >>

*More about Cinema Tov:*

Cinema Tov: Detroit Jewish Film Lab is a year-round series of monthly film
screenings in Downtown Detroit. Each new film addresses a different aspect
of Jewish identity through a unique lens.

The Cinema Tov team has worked tirelessly to craft a film series that
seamlessly transitions from pre-war Polish Jewry to African Jewish
struggles, from the interactions and tensions between the black and Jewish
communities of America to the practice of religion in the Soviet Union.

Each screening is followed by thoughtful programming that complements the
message of the film. We have brought in an internationally-renowned
musician that sings about Jewish collective memory in Berlin, a moderator
that facilitated a discussion about stereotypes in Detroit, or a speaker
that was willing to share stories of her Jewish childhood in the Soviet
Union.

The primary goal of Cinema Tov: Detroit Jewish Film Lab is to to create and
reinforce a strong community based on open-mindedness, learning, and
cultural tradition. We hope that you can join us!

Email Alexis Zimberg at info at PostSovietGraffiti.com with additional
questions.

(Secure, gated parking is available.)

Best regards,
Alexis

--

*Alexis Zimberg
*Director

*Post-Soviet Graffiti* is a culture and research hub that investigates,
amplifies, and advocates for free expression in censored or authoritarian
states.