Joan Smiths of the World, Disunite!

Greenberg, Marc L. mlg at KU.EDU
Sun Aug 18 12:38:31 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,
Roman Jakobson famously advised us to call something Ivan Ivanovich (http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=Ivan+Ivanovich), so long as we are clear about its denotation. But now that stupid machines read our texts and compile data that affect our record of scholarly productivity, we need to clarify a bit more. I invite you to read a short blog post about getting and giving credit where credit is due (http://slavist-semistrunnik.blogspot.com/2013/08/joan-smiths-of-world-disunite.html).
Kind regards,
Marc

Marc L. Greenberg<http://germanic.ku.edu/marc-l-greenberg> | http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8419-8779
Professor of Slavic Languages & Literatures
Chair, Department of Germanic Languages & Literatures<http://germanic.ku.edu/>
University of Kansas
1445 Jayhawk Blvd., Rm. 2080
Lawrence, KS 66045-7594, USA
German Dept. phone: (785) 864-4803
German Dept. direct line & voicemail: (785) 864-9171
Slavic Dept. phone & voicemail: (785) 864-2349
Ну, народ, конечно, собрался. Эксперты. – Зощенко