ASEEES news: August NewsNet; Convention registration information; and Webinar

ASEEES NewsNet newsnet at PITT.EDU
Mon Aug 19 14:54:16 UTC 2013

THE AUGUST NEWSNET IS NOW AVAILABLE:  http://www.aseees.org/publications/newsnetmain.html
It contains the following articles and features:

*         The Local and the Global in Czech Gender Studies by Libora Oates-Indruchova, Boltzmann Institute

*         Other Scholars:  LGBT Scholars in Russia by Dan Healey, U of Reading

*         Beyond 'Publish or Perish':  The Many Paths to Administrative Careers for Academics by Jennifer Long, Georgetown U

*         'We are in for a Shock':  Teaching Soviet History at Nazarbayev U by Zbigniew Wojnowski, Nazarbayev U

*         Publications, Institutional/Affiliate Member News, and In Memoriam

REGISTER FOR ASEEES 2013 CONVENTION
Early registration with discounted rates for the Boston Convention ends on Aug. 23.  Register today: http://www.aseees.org/convention/registration.html

And finally

UPCOMING ASEEES WEBINAR

Embracing Change:  Marketing Yourself for Employment Outside of the University Setting

The third in ASEEES' webinar series will be held August 27, 2013, 12pm.  In this webinar, we will discuss approaches for academics and PhD students considering non-faculty positions, including how to convert a CV to a resume and how to specifically tailor their experience to the jobs for which they are applying.  Members can register here:  https://netforum.avectra.com/eweb/StartPage.aspx?Site=ASEEES&WebCode=webinars

Please let me know what questions you have.

Mary Arnstein
Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
203C Bellefield Hall
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260-6424
USA
(412) 648-9809 (direct), 648-9911 (main)
(412) 648-9815 (fax)
www.aseees.org<http://www.aseees.org/>
Support ASEEES<http://www.aseees.org/support.html>
Find us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-for-Slavic-East-European-and-Eurasian-Studies/141362775903086> | Join us on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=2585509> | Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/aseeestudies>

www.aseees.org<http://www.aseees.org/>
Support ASEEES<http://www.aseees.org/support.html> - Ask Me about Planned Giving