Russia's Gay Propoganda Law in English Translation

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Thu Aug 22 17:41:24 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGERs,

This is probably the language lesson you never wanted to give - but many of
you may be interested in this a source for research or as a classroom tool.

The School of Russian and Asian Studies, in an attempt to contribute to and
encourage informed discussion of Russia's recent law on homosexual
propaganda, and as part of our efforts to educate our own students about the
law, has had the original legislation translated to English.

It is now available, for free, in side-by-side translation and with a brief
introduction on how the legislation is currently being enforced (including
at major international sporting events and specifically for foreigners). It
can be accessed here: http://www.sras.org/russia_gay_propaganda_law

We also took the occasion to completely update our Guide to Health and
Safety in Russia: http://www.sras.org/guides_safety_in_russia

PS - a special thanks to Erin Decker, a graduate of our Translation Abroad
Program now working as a professional legal translator, who provided us with
this translation.

Best,

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
 <mailto:jwilson at sras.org> jwilson at sras.org