Graduate Reading Russian

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Aug 26 16:47:23 UTC 2013

On 8/26/2013 7:19 AM, Michael Long wrote:
> Dear Colleagues--
> Does anyone teaching graduate level reading course in Russian? By that I mean a course for graduate students in other disciplines?

Reading Modern Russian, Levin, Forostenko, Haikalis,
published by Slavica, a few copies on Amazon.
It was aimed at teaching non-majors to read expository prose, newspaper
articles, popular science, etc.   Its sample sentences and readings are
Soviet, so the content is a little strange perhaps.
But students may just find that amusing, or more ominously, increasingly
relevant.
Also, students should begin with the alphabet at
http://learn-cyrillic.ehpes.com/, sometimes described as the best
learning guide to Cyrillic.
Jules Levin
Los Angeles