Putin Art

Robert Orr colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Fri Aug 30 21:54:33 UTC 2013

> As David Powelstock asks, what governmental or police action was taken in
response to the "clown incident"?

OK, here goes.  Noted in the light of all the other posts that have appeared
since then.

> When has our Federal government made any response to an art exhibit?

State legislatures have a lot more clout in the US than any equivalent in
Russia.  Look at all the Missouri state officials who have come down on the
hapless clown. And he was banned for life by the STATE fair.

 > These comparisons are not convincing.

Yes they are.  Apparently all Rodeo Cowboy Association  officials and
subcontractors involved in the State Fair now have to undergo "sensitivity
training".  "Sensitivity training" is simply Soviet-style "re-education."

There's a whole lot more, but one doesn't want to move too far from the
point of SEELANGS.  A very interesting project, though, would be for any
scholar from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, etc., to compile a dossier of
politically-correctness-based outrages in the US over the last 20-odd years,
and have it widely disseminated and discussed in detail.