Translation rates

Mon Dec 2 04:25:02 UTC 2013

Margo Rosen wrote:

> 6,000 characters counting spaces is more or less equivalent to 1,000
>  words, in my experience. Hope that helps.

Source or target?

In my experience, English is about six characters per word, Russian
about seven.

By the same token, an English translation generally contains more words
than the Russian source, unless heavily edited for conciseness. So it's
important when quoting to specify source or target; prevents
misunderstandings.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com