statement in support of our colleagues in Ukraine from Ab Imperio

SG sglebov at SMITH.EDU
Wed Dec 11 22:40:58 UTC 2013

AI editors issued a statement of support for our colleagues in Ukraine,
including the member of our editorial board, Prof. Yaroslav Hrytsak, who
is currently in Strasbourg, participating in special hearings on
Ukraine. We posted the text below (in English and in Russian) on the AI
facebook https://www.facebook.com/abimperio If you support this
statement, please support it on facebook and encourage your students and
colleagues to follow your example.
This is not a petition addressed to Yanukovich and his government, but
an expression of moral and professional support to the members of
academic and teaching communities who participate in civic protest in
Ukraine.

We highly value your support,
AI editorial team

The editors, authors, and readers of Ab Imperio express their support
for our colleagues in Ukraine, members of the scholarly and teaching
communities. Today they are defending their right to political choice
and open public discussion; they are fighting for their human dignity.
We protest the violent actions of the state against the Euromaidan and
admire the courage, self-organization, and political maturity of the
citizens of Ukraine. The authors and readers of AI who have signed this
letter side with our colleagues who support open professional and public
discussion and oppose brutal state violence and cynical disregard for
public opinion. We protest the politics of the regime that regards
dissenting citizens as enemies of the state and applies violence against
them.

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs