Seeking participant(s) for ASEEES 2014 panel - Medievalism

Rose, Katherine kmrose at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Dec 17 15:36:12 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I am organizing an Interdisciplinary panel on the topic of Medievalism in Russia, loosely defined. Currently we have two papers from advanced graduate students, one on the Rimsky-Korsakov opera The Invisible City of Kitezh and the Maiden Fevroniya (1907), and the other on Toropchin’s animated film, Ilya Muromets i Solovey Razboynik (2007). We are looking for a third paper presenter working on a related topic, possibly in Art History, Folklore/Mythology, Literature, History or Cultural Studies. We are also looking for a chair, and have an opening for a second discussant if there is interest. Please contact Katie (kmrose at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:kmrose at fas.harvard.edu>).

Thank you,
Katie Rose

Katherine M. Rose
Ph.D. Candidate