Biography of Bulgakov

Susan Welsh welsh_business at VERIZON.NET
Thu Feb 21 12:13:13 UTC 2013

Could anybody suggest a good biography of Mikhail Bulgakov, in English
or Russian (preferably English)?

What I find listed online seems to be generally rather old or very
specialized. A great deal of archival material has apparently become
available in the last 20 years, so I'd like something relatively new, if
possible.

I've read Lesley Milne's "MB: a critical biography" (1990), but found it
more in the line of academic literary criticism than biography in the
broader sense, which is what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Susan

--

Susan Welsh

http://www.ssw-translation.com

Translator and editor, German-English and Russian-English

Leesburg, Virginia USA

Phone: 1-703-777-8927

I recommend the ATA booklet
<http://atanet.org/docs/Getting_it_right.pdf> "Translation: Getting It