Heritage speaker textbook recommendations

Emily Saunders emilka at MAC.COM
Mon Feb 25 16:29:49 UTC 2013

Hello!

I am currently advising the organization I work for on textbook selection for a possible online heritage speakers course in Russian for the Fall of 2013.  I've been considering Russian for Russians by Olga Kagan, but I noticed that she also has another book:  Uchimsya pisat' po-russki: Ekspress-kurs dlya dvujazychnykh vroslykh [Let's write Russian: An express-course for bilingual adults]. St. Petersburg, Russia: Zlataust, that is a newer publication.  Can anyone comment on the differences?  Are there any other textbooks to consider?

Our students would be 9-12 grade students taking the class for foreign language HS credits.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Emily Saunders