Services offered by a Russian instructor in SPB

Weiner, Cori ctweiner at BU.EDU
Sun Jan 6 20:13:54 UTC 2013

Dear Seelangers,
For the past semester, I’ve been trying out some ideas to incorporate a native speaker into my beginning Russian class.  One idea that seemed to work out well was to ask my own instructor in St. Petersburg to participate.  In the fall, she evaluated mini-essays for my heritage speakers, and this semester she’ll be doing 15 min conversation sessions with the class via Skype, plus more heritage speaker work.  I’ve also been consulting with her regarding various grammatical constructions and norms.
Then it occurred to me that possibly other language instructors, particularly non-native speakers, would be interested in these same services (and probably some of you already run your classes similarly.)  We’re only in the beginning stages of working together in this format, but I have known her for many years and can vouch for her professionalism, credentials, and knowledge in the subject area. I know she has done everything from teaching an American diplomat to give toasts to teaching me the intricacies of aspect. Her rates are quite reasonable as well.
If you are interested, please contact her directly:
Anna Zinovieva:   annazinovieva1204 at gmail.com<mailto:annazinovieva1204 at gmail.com>
Or, if you like, you may contact me with any questions: ctweiner at bu.edu<mailto:ctweiner at bu.edu>.
Best regards,
Cori
Cori Weiner
Department of Modern Languages & Comparative Literature
Boston University
phone: 617 3586681
fax: 617-353-6246
http://www.bu.edu/mlcl/